Program Status Reports
* Files are best viewed in Internet Explorer and Adobe 8.0 or higher.
- Report to Congress on the Phase l Stormwater Regulations
Reports on the accomplishments of the NPDES Phase I stormwater program (EPA 833-R-00-001).
- Report to Congress on the Phase II Stormwater Regulations
Contains (1) an in-depth impact analysis on the effect the Phase II final regulations will have on urban, suburban, and rural local governments subject to the regulations; (2) an explanation of the rational of the Administrator for lowering the construction site threshold from 5 acres to 1 acre; (3) documentation demonstrating that stormwater runoff is generally a problem in communities with populations of 50,000 to 100,000; and (4) information that supports the position of the Administrator that the Phase II stormwater program should be administered as part of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System under section 402 of the Federal Water Pollution Control Act (33 U.S.C. 1342) (EPA-833-R-99-001).
- Nationwide Urban Runoff Program (NURP): Final Report
The Nationwide Urban Runoff Program (NURP) was conducted by EPA and many cooperating agencies. NURP was established in 1978 as a 5-year program that examined:
This document is the final report covering the overall NURP program.
- quality characteristics of urban runoff and similarities or differences at different urban locations
- the extent to which urban runoff is a significant contributor to water quality problems across the nation
- performance characteristics and the overall effectiveness and utility of management practices for the control of pollutant loads from urban runoff